Please read the Terms and Conditions contained in this document carefully. Your participation in this competition constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
All times stated are Hong Kong Time (HKT; i.e. GMT+8).
- Eligibility and entry requirements:
- The competition is open to residents of Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Korea, Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Germany, India, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Vietnam, UK and the USA (excluding Florida and Rhode Island) (‘Eligible Markets’);
- Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age and over and considered an adult by the laws of the country where they reside, and have an active social media account(s) and Internet access at the time of entry (‘Participant’).
- Staff and immediate family members of the Hong Kong Tourism Board (‘HKTB’) and its representatives are not eligible.
- The Competition will begin on 28 March 2016 at midnight (GMT+8) and will end on 24 April 2016 11:59pm (GMT+8) ("Competition Period"). The process for participating is as below:
Sharing on Social Media
- Step 1
- Participants should capture images or videos to express something surprising they discovered about Hong Kong when they visited the city.
- Step 2
- Participants should then post their images or videos and describe their Hong Kong story in a short caption using the words "I never knew".
- Step 3
- Participants can check the Daily and Weekly Prize winners, which will be announced every day starting from 30 March 2016.
- Please note that entries received before 2 April do not contain the hashtag #AgreeTnC as we have just amended the acknowledgement of Terms & Conditions by each participant as of 2 April to simplify the submission process below. The changes to Terms & Conditions below do not affect prior entries that are currently displayed on the campaign site under ‘All Entries’.
- Tweet privacy must be set to "public". Participants should describe the experience using the words "I never knew" in a short caption; add the #DiscoverHongKong and #AgreeTnC hashtags; plus other hashtags relevant to the experiences and locations mentioned in their posts, e.g. #Dining #LanKwaiFong.
- Account must be "public". Participants should describe the experience using the words "I never knew" in a short caption; add the #DiscoverHongKong and #AgreeTnC hashtags; plus other hashtags relevant to the experiences and locations mentioned in their posts, e.g. #Dining #LanKwaiFong.
- We apologise that NOT all entries posted on Facebook can be moderated and aggregated to successfully enter the competition. This is due to Facebook's own policies and settings. We have already sent feedback to Facebook to address the situation and will closely monitor progress from here. We, therefore, encourage participants to submit entries through other social channels such as Instagram, Twitter, and/or video channels, YouTube or Vimeo.
Sharing Videos on Website
Participants need to:
- Step 4
- By including the hashtag #AgreeTnC, participants acknowledge to have read and agreed to the competition Terms and Conditions as set out herein for their entry to be considered valid.
- In a short caption, and using the words "I never knew", describe something surprising they discovered about Hong Kong when they visited the city.
- Provide their YouTube or Vimeo URL. The video length should not exceed 10 minutes
- First names
- Email address
- Country and city of residence
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Click ‘submit’
- All photo and/or video submissions must provide a unique and creative description/caption in a short caption using the words ‘I never knew’, be relevant to Hong Kong, and summarise a distinct Hong Kong travel experience from a fresh perspective.
- Participants are free to use any software, application and/or material of choice to edit the photo and/or video for their submission, provided that the submitted photo/video is an original creation and lawful without infringing any third party rights or privacy or the Terms and Conditions of this Competition.
- There is no limit on the number of photo and/or video submissions from each Participant but each Participant can only win once.
- Prize ("Prize") and Selection of Winners
- Weekly Prize x 4
- There will be a total of four (4) weekly winners (‘Weekly Winners’). Each Weekly Winner will enjoy a complimentary four-day-three-night travel package for two. The travel companions of the Weekly Winners must be from the same Eligible Market and must be 18 years old or above. The prize comprises
- Two round-trip economy-class flights to Hong Kong from a city in the Winners' country/region of residence. The airline will be selected by HKTB
- 3 nights' luxurious hotel accommodation (on twin sharing basis) including airport transfer and spa for 2
- 2 one-day tickets and participation in the Disney Spectacular Tour at Hong Kong Disneyland
- 2 admission tickets and participation in the ‘Get Closer to the Animals’ programme at Ocean Park
- Dinner for 2 at a Michelin-starred restaurant
||Michelin Star Dinner
|Week 1 winner
||Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
|Week 2 winner
||Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
||Lung King Hin
|Week 3 winner
||W Hong Kong
|Week 4 winner
||The Peninsula Hong Kong
The total retail value of the Weekly Prize ranges from USD$6,600 to USDD$11,700, depending on the Winners’ point of departure.
- Daily Prize x 28
- There will be a total of twenty-eight (28) daily winners (‘Daily Winners’). The Daily Prize is an Amazon online shopping cash coupon valued at up to USD$ 1,000.
- To claim the Prize
- Visit the website for updates of daily and weekly announcements of Winners selected by HKTB. Seven (7) daily and one (1) weekly grand winner will be announced every day for four (4) weeks starting from 30 March 2016 until 27 April 2016.
- The winner will be contacted by HKTB via email or the same social media channels used for the photo and/or video submission. The Winner must provide a full name, the original work, contact number and a valid address for the purpose of delivering the Prize.
- Between 30 March 2016 and 28 April 2016, a representative from HKTB will send a notification via email or social media to the Winners.
- Daily Winners must respond within ninety-six (96) hours from the time of notification to claim the Prize and Weekly Winners must respond within 1 week from the time of notification to claim the Prize. Otherwise, the Prize will be forfeited.
- Upon Prize winner notification, HKTB will make Prize fulfilment arrangements for Winners to redeem their Prizes.
- The Weekly Winner and his/her companion must travel together. Air tickets and hotel bookings must be completed by 31 December 2016. Travel must be completed before 31 May 2017 and is subject to availability at the time of booking. Blackout dates may apply. Once booking is confirmed, no change can be made.
- All components of the weekly Prize must be taken together. Any component of the Prize not redeemed within a single round trip will be forfeited.
- Domestic transfers to and from the departing airport are the responsibility of the Winners. All expenses, unless otherwise specified, including meals (except the arranged Michelin-starred dining), gratuities, excess baggage, travel insurance, personal and transport expenses, all taxes and any other incidental expenses in conjunction with the trip are not included in the Prizes.
- All necessary travel documents and visa applications, insurance, taxes, charges and other incidentals not specified in the Prizes will be the responsibility of the Winner and his/her companion.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash, credit or any other items. All Prizes are subject to further terms and conditions as stipulated by the sponsors.
- The Winners and their travel companions will be invited to attend interview(s) arranged by HKTB. The Winner consents to, and procures the consent of their travel companions, friends and relatives featured in the content submission to, the use of any photos, video and audio capturing their names, voice, photos and/or images by HKTB and/or worldwide media for publicity and other purposes deemed appropriate by HKTB.
- HKTB will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen Prizes.
- If the Prize is not available or in the event of force majeure or unforeseen factors, HKTB may, without consultation or reference to the Participants, substitute or replace any Prize with any other Prize of equal or similar value at the choice of HKTB.
- No Prize transfer, assignment or substitution by the Winner is permitted.
- Selection of Winners
- This is a skill-based competition and chance plays no part in determining the Winners.
- All photo and/or video submissions will be judged as per defined criteria. HKTB and its representatives reserve the right to not disclose these criteria to Participants.
- For Weekly Winners:
- Weekly Winner will be selected from a shortlist of seven daily winners in the past week
- Winners must submit information for identity validation, and for the hotel and flight booking process. Winners also need to provide the following information for themselves and their travel companions:
- Full names
- Country and city of residence
- Passport type and number
- Should the Winners fail to respond within the deadline or are unable to travel during the stipulated period, the Weekly Prize will be forfeited and rendered to the eligible participant with the next best submission as selected by the judging panel.
- For Daily Winners:
- Winners must submit information for identity validation and Prize fulfilment arrangement. Winners also need to provide the following information for themselves:
- Full names
- Country and city of residence
- Contact number
- Should the Winners fail to respond within the deadline or reclaim the Prize during the stipulated period, the Prize will be forfeited and rendered to the eligible participant with the next best submission as selected by the judging panel.
- The result will be announced to the public via the campaign website MyStories.DiscoverHongKong.com.
- The Winners and their travel companions will be invited to share the experience of visiting Hong Kong via their personal social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo etc.
- The Winners consent to, and procure the consent of their travel companions, friends and relatives featured in the content submission to, the use of any photos, video and audio capturing their names, voice, photos and/or images by the HKTB worldwide in all media for publicity and other purposes deemed appropriate by HKTB. By accepting the Prizes, Winners:
- represent and warrant that:
- the content (including text, photos and video recording) they have provided is original work that has been created by the Winners and/or their companions;
- the content does not and will not violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the Winners and their companions may be a party to;
- the content does not contain defamatory, tortious or otherwise unlawful, untrue or inaccurate information;
- the content is not obscene, cruel, abusive or likely to cause offence;
- the content does not breach any applicable law and does not infringe or violate any right of any person;
- the Winners shall be solely liable to the content they have provided and shall fully and effectually indemnify the HKTB and the sponsors against all cost, claims and damages that they may suffer or incur due to or in connection with the content.
- whilst retaining copyright to the content, Winners grant HKTB and the sponsors an an irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable license to use, copy, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create adaptations from, make available, communicate and distribute the content and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, and in such manner for such lawful purposes deemed appropriate by the HKTB and the sponsors and expressly disclaim any moral right over the content.
- Winners grant HKTB the right to modify, edit, or remove any of said content subject to copyright infringement notification at our discretion, without notice, and for any reason.
- HKTB is not the supplier of the Prize and shall not be responsible for any liabilities in relation thereto. Any enquiry, claim or complaint in relation to the quality or delivery arrangement of the Prize shall be directed to the relevant supplier.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of the HKTB shall be final.
- The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any provision in these terms and conditions shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and the Hong Kong Courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with all matters relating to these terms and conditions.
- By submitting content, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your content, including without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content, grant the license as abovementioned and for us to post, upload, cross-post and cross-upload the content.
- A photo and/or video submission will only be displayed on the campaign website when it meets the entry requirements and does not violate below:
- Features other tourism brands
- Contains obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit or otherwise inappropriate content
- Is incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft
- Is misleading, deceiving, obscene, indecent, vulgar, offensive or defamatory against any person or would give rise to any claim by any person
- Contains content that is detrimental or inconsistent with the good name, good will, reputation and the image of Hong Kong generally
- HKTB is not responsible for any matter in relation to submission delay, loss, and any information transmission error due to technical problems including but not limited to any computer or internet network issues.
- By participating in the competition, the participant accepts and agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out above. HKTB has the right to modify the rules and contents of this competition without prior notice. Related information will be announced on the campaign site without prior notice.
- HKTB has the right to amend or cancel any of the above Terms and Conditions without prior notice. In case of any disputes, HKTB's decision will be final.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Vimeo.
- The participant is providing information to HKTB and the Prize sponsor (if any) and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Vimeo.
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context requires otherwise, the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- For enquires please contact us at HKINeverKnew@hktb.com.
- These Terms and Conditions are written in English, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Thai. In case of discrepancies, the English version shall prevail.